The Waldorf School of Mendocino County offers an authentic Waldorf program: a dedicated and experienced faculty, a helpful staff, a supportive Board, and a committed parent community. We are located near both Rudolf Steiner College in the Sacramento area and the rich offerings in the greater San Francisco Bay.
Mendocino County maintains its rural flavor yet offers a culturally progressive experience, as only Northern California can. Mendocino College, for example, brings together a rich mixture of performance and visual arts, and organic and bio-dynamic agriculture. Farmers markets, organic restaurants, boutique shopping, wine tasting, the redwoods, and the nearby Pacific Coast also make our area a great place to raise a family.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, including tuition remission, mentoring, and on-going teacher development and training opportunities.
HOW TO APPLY
For all positions, please send a letter of interest, resume, and references to:
The Waldorf School of Mendocino County
P.O. Box 349
You may also email your documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
First Grade Teacher
The Waldorf School of Mendocino County seeks an experienced Grades Teacher for the 2018-19 school year. Applicants must have a completed Waldorf teacher training certificate and ideally have Waldorf teaching experience. Candidates with experience teaching in mixed age classrooms are strongly encouraged to apply.
We look for teachers who are committed to:
- continually working toward a deepening understanding of the developing child, particularly out of the spiritual insight of Anthroposophy.
- recognizing students as developing spiritual beings, each with individual destinies and unlimited potential, and to educate them with active interest, joy and enthusiasm.
- teaching subjects artistically and imaginatively based on the threefold nature of the child, and in support of their physical and spiritual forces.
- striving to enrich the feeling quality of the children’s inner lives and to connect their will forces with their awakening thinking capacities.
- working on inner development and strive to improve one’s talents and capacities.
- relating in a healthy, life supporting, and responsible manner with the school community (parents, students, colleagues, and alumni), by working together out of one’s higher self.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits including tuition remission, mentoring and on-going teacher development and training opportunities.
Parent Education Coordinator & Parent Child Teacher
The Waldorf School of Mendocino County is looking for a warm, engaging person to join our Early Childhood faculty as our Parent Education Coordinator and Parent Child teacher. This person will work with the Early Childhood Committee and Administrator to develop a strong and intriguing Parent Education Program that:
- Supports parents to develop healthy parenting skills and habits
- Inspires parents and community members to become more involved in our school
- Encourages the development of a sense of community amongst class participants
- Educates parents about the value, beauty and benefits of Waldorf education
- Provides a safe and creative environment for small children to explore and learn alongside their parents and other children
We know how important this position is and we would like to support the right teacher in offering a welcoming and substantive Waldorf early years experience to parents and their children as an integral part of WSMC.
Our current Parent Education program consists of a drop in Sunshine Playgroup on Fridays from 8:45 – 10:15 and a Parent/Toddler Class, Roots and Shoots, also on Fridays from 11 – 12:30. Both programs run for sessions of 6-10 weeks. We are seeking an applicant who is interested in growing this program.
- Prepare classroom for programs – light cooking and cleaning
- Prepare and submit an outline of the program, including handouts to be used for each session at least two weeks in advance of the first meeting (handouts may be adjusted based on requests from and conversations with parents regarding topics of interest and use to them).
- Prepare & present a well-planned session each class day
- Organize & conduct appropriate celebrations of seasonal festivals
- Purchase food and supplies for class
- Maintain classroom in a clean and orderly manner
- Coordinate with Enrollment office about families entering new to WSMC and their path to enrollment
- Maintain professional conduct and appearance
- Knowledge and experience with Waldorf Education
- Prior teaching experience
- Strong communications skills that can be effective in working with parents
- Knowledgeable in child development with an emphasis on ages birth – 3 years
- A commitment to Waldorf pedagogy and the social ideals that live behind the Waldorf education movement
- Flexibility, sense of humor, warmth of soul & spirit
Please send a resume and cover letter, explaining your background and interest in the position to email@example.com.